Here is a summary of the ways we approach sustainability:
- Mulching of the soil to preserve its natural fertility / the natural balances within the vineyard.
- No use whatsoever of pesticides or herbicides either in our vineyards or in our arable farms – these are replaced with mechanical methods.
- Adopting the Philosophy and Techniques of Organic Agriculture in all areas of our farm.
- Meteorological station with monitoring system set in our vineyards, olive groves and arable farms.
- Electric vehicles to move around our farm, which we also use for tours.
- Constant monitoring of the water level/activity of the soil.
- Techniques of leaf removal (defogliatura) in our vineyards to facilitate air circulation and to reduce the spread of plant disease.
- Removal of weeds every other row to preserve the natural habitat of the insects and animals living in the area.